Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
How to be in Business!
The course is designed to provide you with a professional education in the various aspects of modern management. Specifically this means developing your knowledge and perceptive skills. It enables you to get to know the economic and legal environment that business functions in. The course also equips you to use quantitative tools, analytical methods and computers to help you in the process of management. It familiarizes you with basics of business functioning and prepares you to take up the challenges of management. The Programme is affiliated to Bangalore University one of the biggest university in the world and recognized by Govt. of Karnataka You will be awarded B.B.A degree from Bangalore University.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES & STRUCTURE
- To develop the knowledge and perspective skills for business activities.
- To expose the students to social, economic and legal environments in which business functions.
- To enable candidates to get familiar with the behavioral aspects of individuals, groups and organizations.
- To facilitate an in-depth study of one of the elective groups.
- With a view to achieve the objectives the B.B.A programme is structured to consist of courses on Communication skills, Business environment, Behavioral Process, Computer Technology, Analytical tools. Major functional areas of Business & an in-depth study of one of the elective groups.
- The subjects are spread over 3 years.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Required to pass the Pre-University examination or recognized equivalent.
- Merit at qualifying examinations is the basis.
- Rules of admissions & reservations followed by the university apply.
AN OVERVIEW OF SUBJECTS COVERED
A. Core Subjects
Business environment, Business economics, Financial accounting, Business mathematics & Statistics, management & behavioral Process, Office Organization & management, Business Communication, Principles of marketing, management accounting, Entrepreneurship small industry, Computer Technology and Programme, Production management, Banking (Theory & Practice), Business Law, Income Tax, Management Information Systems.
B. Specialization in any of the following streams
PRACTICAL TRAINING AND PROJECT REPORT
In order to make the BBA Programme more relevant to the needs of business and industry, the programme envisages short visits to different organizations, industrial study tour & preparation of project report. In this process candidates prepares himself for articulating his ideas in his future endeavor.
A 3-year, full time course affiliated to Bangalore University and recognized by the Government of Karnataka. The broad objective of the course is to give students a thorough understanding of theory and the practical skill needed to develop effective software, which enables them to take up assignments with confidence, and also facilitate independent software development.
Entrance examination in English language to assess skills in reasoning ability and aptitude, followed by group discussions and personal interviews.
The Syllabus and Examination Schedule
As prescribed by the Bangalore University. The prospectus will give you detailed information.