Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
We have been receiving an array of biopsy tissues/slides/blocks for routine or immunohistochemical staining or for 2ndopininon from different parts of country like Mysore, Davangere, Mumbai, Meerut, Delhi, Coorg etc from leading practitioners , from multispeciality hospitals like Mahaveer Jain – Head and Neck Oncology division, Narayana Hrudayalaya –Mazumdar Shaw cancer centre, and various dental colleges
- Reporting of frozen sections at the Mazumdar Shaw cancer institute in June – July 2010 in collaboration with the University of Minnesota.
- Posting at cancer institute in Hubli – the dental caries and periodontal status of the oral squamous cell carcinoma patients were assessed.
- PG posting in Mazumdar Shaw cancer Institute, Narayana Hrudayalaya Bangalore
- Our department is involved with NarayanaHrudayalaya –Kiranmazumdar shaw cancer centre from past 2 years.
- Postgraduate students are given an opportunity to get first hand information and an interactive session with radiologists, surgeons and pathologists.
- Under the guidance of eminent pathologists and experienced technicians PG students are exposed to grossing, frozen sections, FNAC, IHC and other various special staining procedures, exposed to varied types of specimen ranging from endoscopy, incision, excision, neck dissection to autopsy
- PGs posted at Sri Jayadeva Hospital, Bangalore
- PGs posted in MarataMandal dental college for research on HPV using PCR
- PGs posted in PMNM Dental College , Bagalkot Jan 2012
- PG students from Maaruti Dental College and Krishna Devaraya College of Dental Sciences Bangalore attended an interactive programme with our department faculty which included slide discussions and grossing technique Jan- Feb 2012
- PGs’ had an interactive session with Dr. Anita Borges, MD, FRC Path at Raheja Hospital, Mumbai 21st Feb 2012.
- Session on transmission electron microscope in the Department of Neuro Pathology at NIMHANS, Bangalore, 2011
Department Of Oral Medicine & Radiology
- One month Oral Oncology postings at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore or BIO , Bangalore
- One month training of advanced diagnostic modalities (CT, MRI, Ultrasonography) at various diagnostic centers.
2005 batch – NIMHANS ,Koramangala.
2006 batch – Isha Diagnostics, Malleshwaram.
2007 batch - St John’s Medical College, Koramangala.
2008 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar.
2009 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar and BIO, Bangalore
2010 batch - Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar and BIO, Bangalore
2011 batch -Clumax Diagnostic Center, Jayanagar and BIO, Bangalore
Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- The Microbiology department – The Oxford college of Sciences, HSR Layout, Bangalore.
- BMS engineering college
- 3M ESPE, Bangalore.
- BIONEEDS, Devarahosahalli, Hirehalli post, Tumkur.
Department of Public Health Dentistry
- In collaboration with government organization, the working personnel involved to carry out the programmes in the following,
- Anganwadi workers in anganwadis attached to Singasandra.
- Health personnel in Primary health centre, Singasandra
- Jailors and doctors in Central prison, Parappana Agrahara
- Teachers in Schools
- ASHA workers and Link Workers
Non- Governmental Organizations
The following non-governmental organizations extended their support in carrying out the programmes.
- School teachers of private schools
- Social workers of Youth for seva
- Personnel of Fullerton company Roots to wings/ Fullerton
- Art of living
- Lions club
- Sneha seva trust
- Christ University Centre for Social Action
- Intreact club of Bangalore
- Parinam foundation
- ANTS consulting services
- Inner wheel club of Bangalore
- Nightingale’s medical trust
- Sneha care home
- Aarathi centre for women development
- Shantinagar youth social welfare association
- Ayyappa swamy charitable trust
- Krupa social service society
- Rural service trust
- Divya Jyothi social educational society
- Vyakthi Vikas Kendra
- Akshara foundation
- Sahayaka social service society
- My saviour ministry’s charity trust
- Makkala Jagriti
- Yadah mission trust
- Rashrta kuvempu auto chalakara sangha
- Life line integrated foresee trust of India
- Invarana seva samithi trust
- Karnataka chinnmaya seva trust
- Foundation for unity of religions and enlightened citizens
- Trinity gospel ministries
- Surabhi ladies association
- Indian red cross society
- Theosophical order of service
- NGO- YOUTH FOR SEVA
- School programmes conducted in Bangalore which include
- Oral screening of school children
- Oral health education programme
- ROOTS TO WINGS/FULLERTON
- In co-ordination with Fullerton Finances dental screening and health education camps are conducted every Saturday in different branches of Roots to Wings preschool chain in Bangalore.
- BOSCH MICO
- This corporate sector is supporting our 3 adopted schools through facilitating volunteers, transport and organisational support.
Department of Prosthodontics Including Crown & Bridge
- BioRESEARCH, Milwaukee for occlusal analysis using T Scan
- Japan Prosthodontic Society
- Indian Prosthodontic Society
- Bangalore Prosthodontic Forum
- Indian Dental Association
- Jayadeva Institute Of Cardiology & Hospital
- Parappana Agrahara Central Jail
- Kidwai Institute Of Oncology
Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry
- Collaborated with
- Lifelong Foundation,Nagarabhavi
- Oxford Schools
- Oral rehabilitation of children with special health care
Department of Periodontics
Collaborated with Rajarajeswari College of Dental sciences
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Kidwai Institute of Oncology
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology