|Admissions are open for BPT and MPT Courses for the year 2013
- BPT – About the course
- Duration - 4 1/2
- Details - The B.P.T Course of the Oxford college of Physiotherapy is a full time degree course recognized by the Government of Karnataka, college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course meets the University's stipulated requirements and is recognised by IAP.
- MPT – About the course
- Duratio - 2 Years
- Specialisations -
- Physiotherapy in Neurological and Psychosomatic disorders
- Physiotherapy in Musculo - Skeletal disorders & Sports physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Cardio-respiratory disorders & intensive care
- Community physiotherapy & Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)
- Paediatric Physiotherap
Steps of admission process:
- Do send across your marks Card for verification
- The admission office will scrutinize your marks card and will intimate about your eligibility.
- You need to call up the admission office for complete fee structure and make the necessary payment online.
- This completes the online admission process.
- However in certain circumstances the process may be delayed due to eligibility.
Applying for admission:
- For Admission Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Am I eligible for BPT Course
- Pass in the Pre University examination conducted by the Karnataka Pre-University board or equivalent examination Physics, Chemistry and Biology and with English as optional subjects.
- Candidates should have scored at least 40% of marks in aggregate in Physics Chemistry and Biology. For Karnataka SC/ST candidate, the minimum marks for Admission 35% in the qualifying subjects.
- Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates shall produce a Medical Fitness Certificate from an authorized government medical officer.
- Am I eligible for MPT Course
- Candidates should have passed in BPT from any Recognized University
- They should have completed Internship on or before the RGUHS University finalized date.(approximately June/July )
- How much % is needed for BPT course
- For joining BPT Course, a score of 40 % in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2 Level is necessary for most of the students excepting Karnataka SC/ ST/OBC ,
- Is there any concession for Karnataka SC/ ST/OBC/ Category I students?
- The Students belonging to category should have scored 35% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. All other criteria remain the same
- What subjects should I have completed in 10+ 2 for BPT?
- For BPT course you should have completed Physics, chemistry and Biology.. English should have been one of the subjects
- Is English language mandatory and would it count for aggregate marks?
- English is mandatory. However you should have passed in the subject. The marks of English would not be considered for application.
- What is the total duration of the course?
- BPT – 4 and ½ Years. The first 4 years will incorporate academic and clinical training.The final 6 months involves a compulsory rotatory clinical training in Multispeciality hospitals.
- MPT – 2 Years full Time inclusive of academic and clinical training.
- How much fees I need to pay?
- The Tution Fee for BPT is 45,250/ for Indian Nationals*.
- The Tution Fee for MPT is 87,400/*
- SAARC,NRI and Foreign Nationals should enquire with the admission fees.
- * For a complete fee structure apart from the tution fee the admission office needs to be contacted
- For Hostel fee and mess fee, the fee structure should be enquired with the admission office – 080- 30219603/626
- Can I apply online?
- Yes you can apply online for BPT and MPT seats.
- Can I book seats online?
- You can book your seats online.
- Send across your marks cards.to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- BPT – 10th and 10+2 equivalent Marks cards and
- MPT - All 4 years BPT Marks card, Internship completion certificate and Degree/provisional Degree certificate
- For MPT, those who have not yet completed but will be completing before RGUHS prescribed date can also apply.
- The admission office will verify and your admission will be confirmed on payment of the fees/booking amount.