Departments - Community Based Rehabilitation
Department of Community Physiotherapy caters to the needs of the society by providing physiotherapy and rehabilitation services to the local and adopted communities
- Mr. R.V. Vijayakumar
- Mr. G.R. Vikrant
The department is well equipped with transport facilities and community development resources like Patient educational pamphlets and pamphlet designing softwares.
||O’Sullivan, Susan B &Schmitz, Thomas J
||Physical Rehabilitation: Assessment & Treatment
||Handbook of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
||Topics on Prosthetics & Orthotics
||Ralph M Bosch
||Physical Medicine Rehabilitation
||Joel A Delisa
||Textbook of Rehabilitation
||Martin G Issac
||Practical Guide to Trauma Management
||Aging Health Care Challenge
||Lecture Notes on Rehabilitation Medicine
||Charles, Schuch P
||Management in Rehabilitation
||Park’s Textbook of Preventive & Social Medicine
||Health Education: A New Approach
Students are trained in
- WHO’s policies – rural / tertiary health care concept.
- Role of family members in rehabilitation
- CBR team and their role
- Planning and management of CBR programmes
Technical Skills are imparted to the students in the following areas
||Modification of assistive devices for differently abled patients.
||Donning & doffing Orthosis.
These training are provided through various field visits directly with the college and Through Mobility India which is a premier NGO in Bangalore.
Current Research Activities:
- Evaluation of Fitness Standards of School Childrens in Bangalore
- Health Related Quality Of Life Of Spastic Diplegic Children – A Qualitative Study
- Influence Of Caregiver Support For Activities Of Daily Living Of Stroke Patients And Their Recovery
- Physical Fitness differences between Government and Private Schools
Achievements and Placements:
Around 183 undergraduate and 5 Post graduates have been trained in the field and have successfully completed the program.
Students trained at The Oxford are working as Physiotherapist with various NGO’s like Mobility India.