About the Program
The Oxford College of Science is happy to announce the commencement of Post Graduate Diploma in Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics under “Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Program” (BiSEP), a first of its kind initiative by Karnataka Bio-technology and Information Technology Services (KBITS), Dept. of IT & BT, Government of Karnataka and Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. It also enjoys the Recognition by Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE),
The Oxford College of Science has been selected consecutively for the second phase of its Bio-technology Finishing School (BTFS) Program which is rechristened as “Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Program” (BiSEP).
Objectives of the BiSEP Program
The advent of new technologies and science discoveries demand individuals having a blend of modern science, advanced technical skills and global standards to meet the ever growing demands of the burgeoning biotech sector in the country.
With the main objective of the program being bridging the gap between academia and the industry and enhancing the employment opportunities of the trainees in the nation’s biotech sector, the first phase of BTFS program offered by the college was very successful with a track record of maximum students being placed and few opting for higher degrees. To keep pace with the growing demand of the biotech sector and imparting training to the students, the course gains its paramount importance.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics offered by the college would commence shortly upon the notification from KBITS with a maximum student intake of 20.
- The course is of 12-month duration that includes 6 months of training in the institute and the next 6 months of industry internship in reputed biotech companies where the students would take up a project that gives them the exposure to the modern technical skills and practices in the industries.
- The syllabus of the intensive training program has been framed in collaboration with the industry experts to keep pace with the latest technology and industrial practices.
- The selected students through Karnataka-Biotechnology Aptitude Test (KBAT) conducted online by KBITS would be eligible for a monthly fellowship of Rs 10,000 for 12 months supported by KBITS, Government of Karnataka and the Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi.
- The centre is affiliated to the Bangalore University and the students upon successful completion would be eligible for the PG Diploma awarded by the university.
- The students would also be examined and certified by the Life Sciences Skill Sector Development Council (LSSSDC), a statutory body under National Skill Development Council (NSDC), New Delhi, and also recognized by the biotech companies.
- The Oxford College of Science is also equipped with a dedicated Entrepreneurship Development Cell which provides mentorship and assistance for establishing Start-ups in the biotech sector.
The candidates who have passed M.Sc. (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics and other Life sciences related), B.E./B.Tech- Biotechnology or Bioinformatics, B.Pharm, B.Sc. (Agri), B.V.Sc or 4-year degree courses in any branch of Life Sciences as notified by KBITS are eligible for the program.