||Academics - Post Graduate Programs
It is a 2 year, 4 semester full time postgraduate degree course, affiliated to Bangalore University, Bangalore and recognized by Govt.of Karnataka.
Specific Objectives of the course are:
- Provide comprehensive training in application of Biotechnological skills to produce goods and services required by the society efficiently and economically.
- Training the students to perform all requisite chemical, biochemical and microbiological analysis of raw material and finished product.
- To exploit the biological agents and their products for welfare of mankind.
- To learn all the potential and virtually impact domains ranging from food processing, environment protection and human health.
- To impart various technical knowledge in the area of biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, genetics, genetic engineering, enzyme technology, molecular biology, plant and animal biotechnology.
- To learn advanced techniques like DNA finger printing, DNA based markers, PCR etc.
B.Sc Degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidate) of all the three optional. The candidate should have studied Chemistry or Biochemistry compulsorily as an optional subject along with at least on of the following optional subjects : (a) Microbiology (b) Biotechnology (c) Botany (d) Applied Botany (e) Zoology (f) Applied Zoology (g) Industrial Microbiology (h) Environmental Science (i) Genetics (j) Applied Genetics (k) Sericulture (l) Home Science (m) Life Science (n) Biological Science (o) Agricultural Science (p) Biochemistry (q) Dairy Sciences (r) Horticulture (s) Forestry and (t) Fisheries. For Eligibility average of all the optional to be considered. Bit in case of Honours students in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology or Biology where the “Class” is decided on the basic of Honours subjects only, marks on other Optional may not be calculated for this purpose.
Admission to the course is decided by the marks obtained in the qualifying examination, followed by personal interview.
Syllabus and Examination procedure
As prescribed by the Bangalore University. The prospectus will give you detailed information.