Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department was established in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students for the Under Graduate program (BE). At present the intake has been enhanced to 120 students, a Post Graduate program (M.Tech) in Power Electronics course started in 2008 with an intake of 18 students. In the department, VTU Research Centre has also started in 2014 and has seen good progress as many scholars have registered for Ph.D. The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department was accredited by “NATIONAL BOARD OF ACCREDITATION (NBA)” for the first time in the year 2007 and the Accreditation was renewed in the year 2016. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering got NBA Accreditation for the Third time for three years from 2018 to 2021. The Department is also accredited by NAAC.
To meet the educational and research needs of the student community and staff through collaboration with other academic and technical institutions, industry and government agencies and make the students to face problems of the country and society as a whole.
M1 - To develop and train competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers with adequate practical skills.
M2 - To provide state-of-the-art resources that contribute to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, research and development activities.
M3 - To inculcate, ethics, leadership, moral values and social activities.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduate of the program will
- Be able to apply the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, electrical and electronics engineering to analyze and solve the complex problem in electrical, electronics and allied interdisciplinary areas.
- Possess good leadership skills, function ethically in multidisciplinary areas to develop sustainable solutions for global, environmental and social issues.
- Be able to inculcate lifelong learning to maintain and enhance professional skills.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Apply fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate, design and investigate various problems of electrical and electronic circuits, power electronics, control systems and power systems.
- Apply modern software tools for design, simulation and analysis of electrical systems to engage in life- long learning and to successfully adapt in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Solve ethically and professionally various Electrical Engineering problems in societal and environmental context and communicate effectively by applying project management techniques to complex engineering problems.
BACK TO DEPARTMENTS