Department of Public Health Dentistry
Postgraduate MDS Program in Public health dentistry
- The goal of Public Health Dentistry post graduate program is to provide advanced education in research, program planning and evaluation, organise different programs.
- The Post Graduate training programme is of three years duration starting with the training of the post graduate students with learning the indices and then application of these indices at field programs.
- The students are guided in preparation of the protocol for research activities and its implementation.
- Make the post graduates competitive enough to conduct oral health surveys to identify oral health problems affecting the community and finding solution using multidisciplinary approach.
- Trains the post graduate students to act as Liaisons between the community and professionals.
- Regular seminars and journal club reviews, debates, electronic based learning and Problem based learning are part of the postgraduate training programme.
- The students are encouraged to attend national and international conferences and present scientific papers and posters.
- The post graduate students are also required to submit a library and main dissertation as a partial fulfilment of the M.D.S requirements.
- Also they are required to conduct two short research projects in order to familiarise themselves with research.
- Celebration of nationally significant days in collaboration with NSS, Red Cross society.
- Great emphasis is placed on learning ethical principles, communication skills and responsibility towards the community.