Master of Computer Application ( M.C.A. )
IGNUS-2K19 - The flagship techno-cult-socio fest of The Oxford college of Engineering. Innovation is critical to growth & wealth creation in any economy. More so for our nation, for ours is the one, which has shown positive growth even in the times of crisis. It is these young, brilliant minds, who, powered with the latest technology become the prime drivers for both the innovation & progress of the nation as a whole. To promote the cause of technology & to ignite these young brains & to propagate, enhance & enrich the rich Indian art, culture & heritage, TOCE brings to you, IGNUS'19, the annual inter-college techno-cult-socio fiesta to take the limits of technology a notch higher while enriching the existing ones to leave a VIBGYOR.
OXYTECHBIZZ-2K18: Explore Money & Project Exhibition & Competition: This event teaches how to earn money through internet. This event aims to provide opportunity for budding engineers to Exhibit their Talent.
"Oxytech 2K16", a National students’ convention and Techno cultural Fest, was organized by the students of MCA and ISE departments of The Oxford college of Engineering on 17th and 18th of March 2016 sponsored by IEEE, CSI, buddy.in, ORATALENTS, RadioMirchi, Janasree and NourishCo. The two day fest offered a surfeit of latest technologies in the form of various events. Our Honorable Agriculture Minister of Karnataka, Shri Krishna Byre Gowda inaugurated the function and Mr. Krishna Prasad, Senior Director Cisco system was the guest of honor. The chief guest for the valedictory function was Mr.Satish Murthy, Senior Director R&D, Bengaluru Site Head, AVAYA Inc. A total of 650 students from across 29 colleges all over India participated with overwhelming enthusiasm and exhibited team spirit. The fest was an amalgamation of technical and cultural events such as – ‘Ice Breaker’, ‘Web Weaver’, ‘Code Warriors’, ‘Online Treasure Hunt’, ‘Brain Scratch – IT Quiz’, ‘Innovative App Challenge’, ‘Kurukshetra – NFS & CS’, ‘IT Manager’, ‘ABCD – Any Body can Dance’, ‘Photography’ and ‘Gully Cricket’. The alluring events magnetized students from all over India.
- A One day National Conference on Futuristic Computing Applications (NCFCA), on MCA Student Academic Projects 2015-2016 was conducted on 14th June 2016. NCFCA-2K16 has again added a feather to their cap and every semester all the students are getting an excellent opportunity to present their innovative ideas and brush up their skills. The Conference acts as a platform for the young minds to upgrade their knowledge and makes them industry ready.
- A Webinar titled on ‘Oracle's Public Cloud offerings - An Overview and Demonstration' by Don Kidwell, Senior Director, Cloud Architecture- Oracle on 4th August 2015.
- An Expert Lecture on “Big Data and Hadoop Developer” was conducted on 7th August 2015. The Expert was Mr. Nagabhushan, Senior Consultant and Trainer, Big Data and Hadoop Ecosystem.
- An Expert Lecture on “SAP Training program overview” was conducted on 26th August 2015. The Expert was Mr. Alex P Mattam, COO, Electro-Mech Enterprises.
- An Expert Lecture on “Stock Mind season for Share trading” was conducted on February 1st 2016. The Expert was Ms. Suniti verma, Zonal Manager, Marketing division, ICICI securities. The Seminar taught students not just investing and financial skills but essential life skills that would help give their career boost.
- A Webinar titled on ‘Mobile Advertising : What’s Next?” by Tom Goodwin SVP, Strategy & Innovation Havas Media on March 2nd, 2016.
The Department of MCA, The Oxford College of Engineering, Bommanahalli, organized a 2-Day, A national-level student’s convention and techno-cultural fest - “Oxy-Tech 2015”. It was a combination of education and fun. It was envisioned as a platform to take students from the novice level to that of an exceptional initiative and to revitalize their identity, develop new perspectives and mild their character through discipline and passionate vision. It was an opportunity for the students to learn leading-edge technologies, and also exhibit their extreme talent in the field of IT in front of a vast audience.
• There were a total of 11 events conducted, which included – Ice Breaker, Tech-Dumb , “Brain Scratch”-IT Quiz, Rock-IT“Kodez”-Coding & Debugging, Web Weaver, “Khoj”- Treasure Hunt, Kurukshetra-NFS Most Wanted & Kurukshetra-Counter-Strike, Mad- Ads and Gully Cricket.
• Oxy-Tech 2015 served as a nurturing ground for many new talents and ideas. And it is the constant effort of the MCA Department to grow and further develop this trend in the years to come.
The department has organized both technical and non-technical events to motivate the students to show their talents. The following events were conducted during the year 2014.
BACK TO DEPARTMENTS