|Won I Prize in the CMR NATIONAL LEVEL CROSS EXAMINATION COMPETITION held on 1st and 2nd April of 2011
Our College encourages the conduct of various curricular & extra-curricular activities. The events which are taking place every year are as follows.
- Legal Literacy.
- Legal Awareness Programme
- Talk and Interactive Sessions
- Fresher’ Day
- Teachers’ Day
- Saraswathi Pooja
- Ethnic Day
- Cultural Activities
- Farewell Day
- Inter College Cultural Competitions.
Moot Court Society:
The main aim of the Moot Court Society is to inculcate Argumentative skills, court manners, Analytical and Critical bent of mind in young minds. The moot court society will conduct selection level moot competition and inter class moot court competitions to select talented students in order to see that they represent oxford Law College in various state level and national level moot court competitions conduct by other universities. Students are also selected on the basis of their talents in extracurricular activities and they are encouraged to represent the Law College in inter university competitions.
Infrastructure available for Moot Society:
- Well established Court Hall
- Best practicing advocates train the students.
- Transparent selection process
- Free access to internet.
- Well furnished Court Hall
Legal Aid Clinic:
The object of Legal Aid is to make the students to understand not only the theory of Law but also the social realities of life. Students are sent to identified villages only after they are well trained as how to do the empirical work by competent authorities regarding the various welfare legislations passed by the state for the welfare of the people. The Legal Aid Clinic aims at,
- Translating welfare laws and other laws in a language known to the people in adopted villages.
- Conduct Legal Aid Camps
- Release a hand book on legal literacy programmes.
- Conduct follow up camps to solve the unsettled problems of the earlier camps.
The aim of the cultural club is to bring out the talents of the students and help them to realize their goals. In order to achieve this, the events that are conducted are,
- State Level Inter Collegiate Cultural Fest
- Inter Class Dance Competitions
- Inter Class singing competitions
- Fancy Dress/ Traditional Day Programmes
- Rangoli and Flower Arrangements Programmes
The object of placement cell is to escalate the information and to broaden the horizon of students as to career opportunities in Law. Students are also trained and guided to face competitive Examinations.Once in a Year campus recruitment is conducted for the benefit of students.
In order to have a healthy body in a healthy mind a number of sports activities and competitions are conducted under the guidance of sports Director like Foot Ball, Cricket, Throw Ball, Ball Badminton Chess etc.
National Service Scheme:
Serving the society while prosecuting the studies enables a student to understand the hard social realities of life and makes him a perfect human being. With this moto N.S.S. Unit of Oxford College of Law is conducting a number of Extension activities to develop the personality of students.