| Since its inception in 2000, The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is committed to provide a supportive, friendly and challenging environment for teaching and learning. The department started with the intake of 60 students.
The department house state of the art, laboratories, boasts of well trained, committed and experienced teaching faculty who emphasize the theoretical and practical applications of computation and computer systems to the needs of the society using advanced pedagogic methodologies.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
To produce technocrats with creative technical knowledge and intellectual skills to sustain and excel in the highly demanding world with confidence.
To establish the department as a renowned center of excellence in the area of scientific education, research with industrial guidance, and exploration of the latest advances in the rapidly changing field of computer science.
Lab available & other facilities
- Networking lab.
- Linux lab.
- C programming lab.
- Internet lab.
- Multimedia lab. & DBMS lab.
Laboratories - The department provides high end infrastructure. The CS-I lab, is equipped with Oracle server and Web sphere server along with 60 highly configured Intel I3 processor (4GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk), and 3 printers. The Computer Graphics laboratory, Network Laboratory and the Database Applications Laboratory are conducted in the CS-I laboratory. The CS-II Lab, with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Linux Red Hat Server along with its 45 Intel I3 processor (8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk) and printers, is utilized for handling Data Structures Laboratory, Java & Web Laboratory and Object Oriented Programming Laboratory. The CS-III Lab, with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Linux Red Hat Server along with its 35 computers (4GB RAM, 250 GB Hard disk) and printers, is utilized for Final year Projects & First year CCP Lab .To enhance the professional knowledge of the staff members and students, we have well facilitated internet lab with 4Mbps dedicated line from Reliance, providing unlimited internet access. This enables them to download valuable notes of lessons and to refer study materials. The international e-journals from the websites of ACM and IEEE can also be accessed.
Our Unique Teaching - Learning Process
- Teaching for the entire semester for a subject is planned meticulously and implemented using lesson plan and faculty work diaries.
- Internal Assessment examinations are taken apart from regular class tests to monitor the student progression regularly.
- Subject wise assignments and real time case studies/projects are given to the students for enhancing their knowledge base under the guidance of faculties.
- Regular tutorial classes are being held for comparatively weak students.
- Student mentoring is done for the needed candidates for their betterment.
- Student seminars are conducted periodically in each class on different subjects especially on upcoming/new technology, which improves their knowledge as well as their presentation skills.
- In order to mould the students into technically valuable computer professionals, the students are involved in conducting and participating technical and non technical activities. Soft skill training programmes are conducted during the prefinal year, which equips the students with the most wanted soft-skills for placement.
- In the growth dilemma of IT Industry, to make the students survive with success in all challenges, the students are being encouraged to improve their technical skills by several add-on courses such as certification programmes in Oracle, CISCO & JAVA.