|Departments - Information Science Engineering
| The department of Information science and Engineering was established in the year 2000, with the objective of moulding young boys and girls into professional Information Science Engineers. The courses are imparted with deep theoretical and practical learning, with the perfect blend of techno managerial skills.
To meet the educational, research & service needs of the region through collaboration with academic & technical institution, businesses & government agencies & cultural organization. There by providing a platform that encourages students & staff to continue their intellectual & professional growth.
The department aim is to develop the best information science professional who works creatively communicate effectively & become technologically competent, also to mould them into goal citizens by inculcating sense of ethical values in them.
Programme Educational Objective
- Be capable of understanding, analyzing and applying current & emerging technologies to design and develop solutions to IT/ITES/Software/Telecom related problems and acquire value and employment.
- To have sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and Information science engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze practical problems and to prepare students for further studies and research.
- Function effectively as individuals and team members in the workplace, growing into highly technical or project management and leadership roles, in various organisations.
- Create an awareness of the life-long learning process, to communicate effectively, learn necessary tools to successfully identify and adapt to ever changing technologies, by ethical means and code of professional practice.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results through hard ware and software projects in the Labs and in the Industry.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to design IT & ITES related Application software programs to the desired specifications and requirements.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve Information Science engineering issues using critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities towards the society.
- Students will have ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Students will have an ability to understand and analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal, security and policy principles in technology environment.
- Students will be well versed with the use of software development and testing tools used in the industry for Application software development, along with the domain knowledge.
- Students will be familiar with modern engineering hardware and software tools and equipment to analyze and find solutions to IT/ITES & Real time problems.
- Students, with special emphasis on Information Technology methods, will design experiments and simulation for developing, and managing both deterministic and nondeterministic processes and systems involving people, information, and complex equipments.
- Students will have the ability to filter the irrelevant source data and have the ability to apply data mining techniques and concepts that can be used to perform day-to-day activities and also in Research and Development.
- Students will have the competence to use the technique, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for software practices.
Lab available & other facilities
- Networking lab.
- Linux lab.
- C programming lab.
- Internet lab.
- Multimedia lab. & DBMS lab.
Laboratories - The department provides high end infrastructure. The CS-I lab, is equipped with Oracle server and Web sphere server along with 60 highly configured Intel I3 processor (4GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk), and 3 printers. The Computer Graphics laboratory, Network Laboratory and the Database Applications Laboratory are conducted in the CS-I laboratory. The CS-II Lab, with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Linux Red Hat Server along with its 45 Intel I3 processor (8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk) and printers, is utilized for handling Data Structures Laboratory, Java & Web Laboratory and Object Oriented Programming Laboratory. The CS-III Lab, with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Linux Red Hat Server along with its 35 computers (4GB RAM, 250 GB Hard disk) and printers, is utilized for Final year Projects & First year CCP Lab .To enhance the professional knowledge of the staff members and students, we have well facilitated internet lab with 4Mbps dedicated line from Reliance, providing unlimited internet access. This enables them to download valuable notes of lessons and to refer study materials. The international e-journals from the websites of ACM and IEEE can also be accessed.